Are you the kind of person that shoves their stuff into their bag randomly and later regrets it? No, just me? I once threw my spectacles in my overstuffed bag (as a backup! I was wearing contacts!) right next to my keys and have ever since regretted my hasty actions. Why? Well, the left lens on my spectacles now sports a lovely circular scratch from one of the keys on my key-chain.
Today’s Freebie Friday is a huge help for anyone like me: A Felted Spectacle Glasses Case from CARNIVAL OF FELTMAKING by Gillian Harris. I think Gillian had me in mind when she came up with this project. Or at least people like me!
Look how cute and stylish it is:
The exuberant projects in this book showcase Gillian’s vibrant style and creativity, making this is an excellent resource for both newcomers and more-experienced fiber crafters looking for exciting inspiration.
Add a splash of color and charm to your wardrobe or home by creating the delightful felt projects in Carnival of Feltmaking. In the follow-up to the successful Complete Feltmaking, Gillian draws on inspiration from the carnival atmosphere, featuring a diverse range oftwenty-six brilliant felt accessories and home items, like:
- a plush rose-trimmed evening bag
- a luxurious cowl-like scarf featuring
- a stunning swirling floral designa luminous eight-panel lampshade in a medley of patterns, accented with felted flowers and ribbons
- a heavenly nuno-felted heart-shaped cushion
- a dazzling tropical-inspired knitting needle case variegated vintage-style plant baskets decorated with either
- a floral or oceanic pattern
- a sweet and adorable strawberry deerstalker hat for baby
Additionally, Carnival of Feltmaking contains an overview of equipment and materials, plus step-by-step breakdowns with close-up photographs of all the major techniques used in the book, including wet felting, 3D felting, needle felting, fine cobweb felting, and more.
Like what you see? Order the book today!
Check out our August and September titles: