Make your home warm and welcoming this Thanksgiving with these super simple last minute DIY decorations.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!
It’s 72 degrees here in New York and it’s November! Decidedly un-Fall-like, to be sure, but that won’t stop us from ushering in the holiday season. And what better way to do it than with a brand-new Christmas-themed coloring book from our smash-hit Zendoodle series?!
Keep Merry and Color On: 75 Yuletide Designs is a joy-filled collection of Christmas designs, from beautiful winter collages and jingle bells, to Santas and festive holly. All 75 magical illustrations in this adult coloring book are printed on durable, perforated pages ideal for Christmas cards, decorations, gifts, and framing.
Get in the spirit of the season through the relaxing pastime of coloring, and bring delight to others with this gift that keeps on giving!
Buy your copy today!
Get ready everyone! Grab your needles and spools of thread, plug in your sewing machines. Cross your fingers and throw some salt over your shoulder while you’re at it.
Starting November 1st, SEW MAMA SEW is running a month-long holiday sewing extravaganza with daily sewing books and swag to win, tutorials, recipes, and printables!
They’ve got a whole slew of our St. Martin’s Press books in the prize mix–books with easy to follow instructions, tips, and patterns that show novice and advanced sewers how to sew vintage lingerie pieces and corsets, bold and beautiful clothes, all kinds of hats, totally amazing bags, stylish window treatments, quilts, even how to upholster, and more!
Visit sewmamasew.com, share using #handmadeholidays, and get in on the action!
Got plans for 4th of July?
We heard this quite a bit this past week. And since we’re SMPCraft, as is often the case around a holiday, questions followed that mined us for solutions and ideas to decorate a deck, something to bring to a picnic in the park, give to a host throwing a barbecue, make for a beach party.
We offered some how-to tips and suggestions. But we also sent everyone off with a bigger idea: DIY OUTDOOR PARTY GAMES. Backyard, rooftop, park, beach games.
Several of these games can be put together in minutes with items most of us already have in our homes and enjoyed this weekend while others are a touch more involved. But remember, we have all summer to play!
1. DIY Giant Jenga Made By A Beautiful Mess
2. DIY Beer or Soda Bottle Toss Made By Landeelu: There’s nothing like that first sip of a hard earned bottle of beer!
3. DIY Ladder Money Bags Toss Made By Landeelu: Up the stakes. Make the levels monetary units of ridiculous sums. Top rung $1,000,000!
4. DIY Milk Crate Tug of War Via Women Daily Magazine: Try this on a full stomach. Not easy.
5. DIY Recycled Bottle Bowling Made By Moonfrye: You can also use black or blue masking tape in place of the paint to cut the prep time in half!
6. DIY Tin Can Toss Via Inhabitots: Yes We Can recycle and repurpose!
7a. DIY Cornhole Toss Built By Homes.com: Prepare to get a workout playing this addicting game and waking up the next morning in need of an arm massage.
7b. Here’s another version by Brit + Co that uses canvas and cardboard!
8. Giant Outdoor Chess Found on The DIY Network: We can see this game being a huge hit at a fancy dress-up Black & White themed summer cocktail party! Alternative to grass for those in regions experiencing drought: astroturf!
9. DIY Lawn Scrabble Made By AJC.com: W. O. R. D.
10. DIY Lawn Checkers Made By Lilyshop using paint lids!
11. DIY Dunk Bucket Made By The Happy Housewife: Brilliant.
Happy 4th of July! Happy Summer!