“Hello Lover” is pretty much my expression every time I come across something bookish that is both cute and sensible [Thank you to Carrie on Sex and the City for that perfect line!]
I am fairly new to the SMP Craft team. I also am a novice at all things craft related. No, really—my team tried to teach me a simple knot for beginner knitters and it took a whole lunch hour. I don’t think I could do it again if my job depended on it! Thankfully, I work with talented (and patient) people.
Needless to say, anything that is both easy and practical is perfect for me. Working at St. Martin’s Press, we are all natural book lovers. This is a great craft or present for any book lover in your life—or you!
– Cardstock (in multiple colors of your choice)
– Decorative paper (optional)
– Scissors or utility knife
– Create a template of a heart, about 1 1/2 inches wide
– Cut out the template with scissors, trace onto heavy card stock, and cut it out
– Repeat the step above but only at approximately 2/3rd of the size, cut it out, and trace onto decorative paper or a different color of cardstock paper
– You can repeat the step above for a third, smaller heart, if you wish
– If you do it with three hearts, glue the larger two hearts together. Then glue just the top portion of the third heart, leaving the bottom half “open” to sliding in between book pages
*This craft was inspired by a heart bookmark craft from Martha Stewart