It’s the unofficial start to summer this Memorial Day weekend; queue the picnics, festivals, and general outdoor entertaining! There is nothing like those first few days of summer as you are enjoying a cocktail and a warm breeze on the porch with friends. Part of the enjoyment is also the ambience and today’s How-To Tuesday is simple and elegant glass jars to help decorate your next get together.
Fun Fact: Memorial Day is also called Decoration Day!
Inspiration, instructions, and photos from CraftIdeas.info
* All sizes and shapes of recycled glass jars (the more, the merrier)
* Felt wool in your choice of colors (white and light blue were used here)
* Rocks, shells, sand—anything you fancy
* Hot glue gun
* Flowers—your choice!
1. Use the hot glue gun to affix wool around the rim of each jar. Add a drop of glue to the rim of the glass jar and affix the wool, pressing down for 5 seconds. Repeat this every inch or so until you’ve gone around the rim one time. Repeat below the first ring of wool until the seam of the jar is covered (2-4 rows of wool).
2. Fill the jar with your choice of rocks, shells, sand or a combination of these. This is your time to play with texture and color.
3. Add a flower or two of your choice.
4. Repeat the above steps for multiple jars and you will have a lovely table arrangement.