Welcome to SMP Craft, the home of the St. Martin’s Press crafts book group! As a premier publisher of beautifully designed books on a wide range of crafts, we hope to inspire crafters of every skill level.
We hope you’ll visit often to get the inside scoop not only on what projects we’re working on but also:
– Interviews with our awesome “Authors of the Month”
– Free projects from our best-selling craft books
– Regular sweepstakes to win copies of hot-off-the-presses craft books
– Caught Crafting: our spotlight on NYC crafters
– Cool ideas, tips, tricks and how-tos for knitting, crocheting, beading, jewelry-making, quilting, sewing, origami, felting, and paper crafts!
And new to our group…
– SMP Kitchen, featuring edible craft creations, food art, recipes for baked sweet and savory treats and much more!
SMP Craft is run by a group of craft-enthusiasts who are excited to try out, talk about and share photos of new craft projects (and who also just happen to work at St. Martin’s Press). Drumroll please:
Marie Estrada lives in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn, on the edge of hipster alley. She’s currently craft-obsessed with fishing line, florescent twine, airplants, miniature light bulbs, iron-ons, and handwritten letters. She’s “making things” right now with miniature zippers and also having a great deal of fun sewing secret compartments into socks.
Courtney Littler now lives in (the cool part of) Bushwick, Brooklyn after having grown up in (the really hot part of) Tempe, AZ. Her crafting passion is repurposing old book pages into cool hand-made objects (poem-collaged journals, jewelery…) A woman of many talents, she once won an acting award for “Best Disgruntled Teenager” in a video contest… when she was 27 years old!